Sunday, August 10, 2008

My Weekend Re-Cap

Just a little weekend re-cap: I didn’t have to work on Friday (yippie), so I had lunch with Linda, Crystal, my friend Laura (and also Linda’s sister), and Laura’s 8 month old son Dylan. He’s so darn cute!! We ate at Outback and then I ran some errands. Later that evening Ray (the fiance) and I went to dinner and hit the bookstore. He had to be in bed early so he could get up for work at 6:00 a.m. on Saturday!

On Saturday, I went shopping with The Boy (my little bro) at Wal Mart. A few weeks ago he announced that he was moving out of our parents house and in with 2 of his friends. He talked about this in the past, so I wasn’t entirely sure it would happen. Surprisingly, last Sunday he picked up a U-Haul van and moved his stuff 3 blocks away. All week he had been making a list of stuff he’ll need at his new place so on Saturday we headed to Wally World to execute the list. He was mesmerised by my vast knowledge of all things shopping and our trip was successful!! On Saturday evening, Ray and I went to dinner with Linda & Mark to celebrate Ray’s birthday. We had tasty steaks and my baked sweet potato was the size of a bowling ball!!

On Sunday, I didn’t even leave the house!! Most people that know me know how I love to sleep in, so I got up late, hung around the house, painted my nails, watched some TV, ate dinner with the fam and did some laundry. I was shocked by how chilly it was outside considering it’s August. Down the toilet with Al Gore’s theory of global warming, huh?

Here’s a pic of my betrothed and I having birthday cake:

No comments: