Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Where Ducks Walk on Fish...

well, not so much walk as trample on fish!! 2 Sunday's ago Ray & I went to the spillway in Linesville, PA, to feed the ginormous carp!

When we first got there I didn't see any fish. I got some really bad directions and it ended up taking us to two and a half hours to get there (it should usually only take one and a half hours). So, not seeing fish right away, I'm thinking, we drove two and a half hours for some freakin' ducks???



So, we started throwing some bread in the water for the duck and relatively quickly I got my own little following of fish fighting for my bread:



Here's the real redonkulousness...

This giant round pool looking area (I'm assuming this is the actual spillway as the water spills from the lake into it) is full of fish. Wall to wall massive, nasty, big mouthed carp!!





Here is some of the lovely fall foliage across the lake:


Some nice lady took our picture for us:


More ducks...

Seagulls...


It was an absolutely beautiful day. We took the back roads home and had a great time!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness for the beautiful trees...those darn carp are disgusting!