Saturday, October 11, 2008

I Need My Portion of The Bailout Money, Please...

So, I wasn't really sure that the government bailout was the greatest idea, but now, I'd like my share sent to me asap. Why you ask? Well, after a trip to the mall to pick up my engagement ring (I got a lovely wrap to accompany the center stone, and it had to be sized and the two rings joined together), Crystal and I had dinner at Chili's. Delicious!

We leave Chili's and I'm heading back to Crystal's house to drop her off. As I'm turning left from State Road onto Brookpark Road, I notice the police behind me. I say, "Hey, is that the police behind me?". Then, being the fine upstanding citizen that I am, I pull to the right so he can go around me and be off to fight actual crime that might be happening. But wait, as I pull over, he gets behind me. WTF ??? He gets off of his motorcycle and comes up to the car and says something to me that I didn't totally understand and takes my license. Cut to the chase, I allegedly ran a red light. I think it was still yellow, but honestly, I was too busy talking to really have noticed what color the light was. (maybe that's part of my problem???)

So, please, Mr. Secretary of the Treasury, get my check over to me so I can pay my ticket in the amount of:

wait for it...




$126!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, you read that correctly, one hundred-twenty six dollars! For $126 I should have a much cooler story to tell other than I ran a red light!! If this is any indication of how the rest of the weekend is going to go, I'm getting under the covers right now and not coming out until Monday morning!

3 comments:

CB said...

Highway robbery, I tell you! That sucks!!! I think technically it was red BUT as soon as that arrow goes red, the light changes to green like half a second later - so I do that same thing too. I don't see how that could cause a major accident the way Supercop suggested.

I enjoyed our dinner very much - sorry it ended up being an expensive one!!!!

Anonymous said...

Sigh. Is better than getting a speeding ticket in Maple Heights!

Anonymous said...

Or....as your father reminded me...a parking ticket in DC when you are in a Senator's office!!