Monday, January 18, 2010

Vegas Baby!!!

I covered the wedding, on to the honeymoon. I guess if you've seen one picture of Las Vegas, you've seen them all, so here is our side trip to the Hoover Dam. I would highly reccomend seeing it if you're ever in Vegas. It's about the distance from Cleveland to Akron and very cool!!

I love this picture! It was warm, we wern't at work, I still had a little bit of a tan from the wedding. Now its cold & gross outside :-(


Lake Mead

In the rocks is a bunker from WWII. While they were building the Damn, they started to think that they better protect it as it would be a good target for the enemy should they bring the war over here.



Colorado River



Ginormous bridge being built over the River. Half is on the Arizona side & half is on the Nevada side. Apparently the states argued over what to name the bridge and settled on O'Callaghan-Tillman Memorial Bridge. O'Callaghan was some old governor from Nevada, and Pat Tillman was the Arizona Cardinals football player who joined the army after 9-11 and was killed in Iraq. (Personally, I think they could have named the entire thing after Pat Tillman, because from what I've read about that governor, he didn't do anything earth shattering.)




The top of the Damn. It's impossible to get the entire thing in a picture, unless you're in a helicopter.



The power plant at the Damn.



I guess technically we made it to 2 states that day!



And that is how we spent our summer vacation:-)



No comments: